Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rags the Teddy Bear

This is Rags, the crochet / latch hook teddy bear. I made him several years ago to show at the county fair (he got third place), after which he went home with my grandmother.


This bear was made by crocheting a body in single crochet and then the fur was latched hooked into each stitch. Made with Lion's Micro-Spun yarn, the yarn separated when fluffed and looked just like fur.


Although I love the finished look of this bear, I hated making him and swore I would never make one again. The body crocheted up so fast, but it took forever to latch hook all his fur on!


This pattern came from the February 2002 issue of Crochet World Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. I love this bear... so sweet and must have taken so long. Grandma loves it too, along with the other ones you made for the fair then gave her. She is so very proud of you... and to think it all began with her teaching you to finger crochet at the tender age of 5!

    ReplyDelete