Monday, July 25, 2011

Log Cabin Throw - Donated to Charity

This blanket is a log cabin styled afghan. The pattern originally came from the Crochet Today! magazine, although I haven't been able to locate which issue. I actually bought a kit of this afghan from www.Herschners.com but I looked today and they are no longer under the afghan kit section (of course, that is the story of my life).

I actually made two of these blankets. The first one is shown here in its original square design. My husband liked the look of this afghan so much that he asked me to make another, longer one. As such, I altered the pattern to make it longer, but once completed he still wasn't happy with the size of it. As such, both of these afghans were donated to charity, one to My Very Own Blanket and the other to Project Linus.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one because of the unusual pattern... and again I love the earthy tones...

    ReplyDelete