Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cotton Candy Baby Blankets - Donated to Project Linus

As always, I was on the lookout for good yarn deals and found a great one at Walmart. These Bernat Baby Boucle skeins were the larger size and regularly sold for $6.99; I bought six of them on sale for $0.75 each! Needless to say I was thrilled.

I decided to make a very simple striped blanket pattern out of them and was able to make six blankets in various color combinations for Project Linus. I love these blankets because they were relatively fast to make (11 - 13 hours each) and they are so soft you can't help but want to touch them. They look so much like cotton candy that I called them that the entire time I was making them.

You can find this blanket pattern at www.bernat.com. It is called the Baby Boucle - Hush - A - Bye Blanket.

As always, if you are interested in learning more about Project Linus, please visit their national website at www.projectlinus.org.


1 comment:

  1. I love the pastel colors and the dreamy feel of the soft yarn... perfect for babies and big people a like!

    ReplyDelete